This was a rough week; I hit my lowest and my highest points since June but I had a breakthrough.
- Monday – 30 minutes of body sculpt, 30 minutes of spinning
- Free weights and Gliders with a definite emphasis on legs. I made a couple women yell “woo!” after legs so I know they felt it. Spinning was about 11 miles and a bigger class than last week, plus no offensive lyrics this time!
- Tuesday – Physical therapy, 3.12 miles, 60 minutes of body sculpt
- PT went well, we decided I will come back in two weeks and hopefully be finished next time. We didn’t add any new exercises and he didn’t take it too hard on me since I was running later.
- I ran just over 3 miles on the treadmill before teaching while watching Law and Order. It’s easy to watch something while running, but once I stepped off the treadmill the room was moving… add that to the list of things to get used to when running on the treadmill.
- Free weights, body bar, and glider during class. Once again, sore legs and had people taking breaks during my sets. Considering the other instructors are pretty intense, I have my work cut out for me. I can’t be known as the instructor with the “easier” class!
- Wednesday – 5.39 miles, 30 minutes of body sculpt, 30 minutes of spinning
- Terrible run. Everything about it sucked.
- Body sculpt involved a bench and free weights, with some new workouts I stole from Jillian Michael’s. I upped the weights I use in class to 7lbs, so I felt it a little.
- Spinning was full of fun – “oldies” like Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey with Jay-Z, Such Great Heights by The Postal Service and I Want You Back by NSync. Obviously, the best playlist ever.
- Thursday and Friday – Rest because my calves deserved it and I had a double scheduled Saturday.
Saturday – Double day! 4.51 miles and 3.01 miles
- 4.5 mile trail run at Chestnut Ridge to start the afternoon, most of which I felt sorry for myself. I walked a bit, I stopped a couple times. Granted, the trails were hard but who was I just stopping like I’ve never run before? With a mile and half to go, I somehow sucked it up and ran back faster and more in-tune than ever. All of a sudden my form just clicked and like that – running felt right.
- My second run was even better than the first! The entire time my form felt strong and I felt fast (and I was running fast!) It was the best run I’ve had since starting my physical therapy. I think everything clicked as far as my form – I was running under my center of gravity and my feet were flying… the first 1.5 miles was a low 7:xx (downhill and wind at my back) and the way back it got a little erratic with my pace but it was a solid run and I finished smiling.
I finished the week at 16 miles (1 extra mile!) running, about 25 or so spinning, and I slacked a little with my physical therapy exercises. I foam rolled every day, but I didn’t do as much as I would have liked with other exercises. This upcoming week, goals are the same but including some intervals. I’m getting my real easy pace back, dammit!